Wednesday, October 3, 2012

October 2 & 3, 2012 (Updated)

October 2
2 Miles, 18:41  Jensen Lake Loop
Much colder today, but still running in just t-shirt and shorts tryin' to keep it Krupicka style.  Low 40's isn't bad after a half mile and after 1 mile it's hardly noticeable.  Had planned on a good 4 mile after-work run but some friends were leaving town and needed some last minute repairs and buttoning up on their new RV, so I just canned it.

October 3
2 miles 18:00 Hyland Lake Loop
With an appointment at Premier Sports this morning I wanted to get in a good 4 miles before hand to try intentionally aggravating my knee but only had to get 1.5 miles when it began feeling really tight. Add that to the lower back pain I thought was on its way out, making movements this morning difficult due to the stiffness.  So, we worked on the back and knee today and both went well.  I was told that SI joint (?) on my back may flare up occasionally but will continue to get better and should be longer between episodes with time.  Left feeling much better and plan to push a hard 4 miles tonight, possibly 6 if I have the energy and no discomfort.

5 miles 38:25 Jensen Lake Long Route (yes another new one)
Trying new trails almost everyday is  an exciting exploration of Lebanon Hills Park. Mostly it keeps any run from becoming mundane even though I run the same 2 mile stretches at the onset and end of every run. Yesterday I decided to loop around the far lake about 2/3 towards the back of the park, my knee be damned. Several insights about the knee pain developed as I ran, and proved beneficial when assimilating into my form. I'll post a separate discussion on it another time. There's a lot of detail to explain.

No comments:

Post a Comment